Sunday 14 July 2019

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO // Ep. 2

I said that I was trying to make this a regular thing and I'm already on my second episode, I feel like it's progress. Since summer is pretty much here, or the weather at least, I've been adding some recent releases to my playlist and I must say, I'm really enjoying them. Like always though, I have got a few older songs, definitely ones that remind me of previous summers so hopefully you are inspired. 

Ocean Drive // Duke Dumont
I recently rediscovered this song and I now listen to it several times a day, it's amazing. This is a proper summer song to me, I imagine the radio playing it, windows down, belting the lyrics, just real summer vibes. You've been warned though, it is so super catchy but definitely one of my staple summer songs this year. 

Senorita // Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
This new release is unreal and is making me so excited for summer. If you haven't already heard it then you absalutely need to, but with the music video, you'll thank me later because the visuals are unreal. I just think that this song is the perfect combination of romantic but still fun and perfect for summer. 

Ain't Got You // Steve Void feat. Louisa
This song was released very recently but oh my, it's amazing and I definitely think that it is going to be a standout song this summer. I love Louisa Johnson, I think that she is an incredible singer and this song is just amazing. It is super fun and I would just highly recommend you give it a listen. 
Find U Again // Mark Ronson feat. Camila Cabello

Apparently I'm really loving Camila Cabello's new music, but to be completely honest, I think she's killing it right now with these collaborations. For me, this song has a proper old tone to it and I'm honestly here for it. I'm definitely planning on listening to more music from this Mark Ronson album as so far, I'm obsessed.

Loyal // Jake Warner
I saw Jake Warner busking outside of The Vamps concert back in May and I made a mental note to check out his covers, but turns out, he actually had a few songs of his own, and they are amazing. This one is my favourite out of the two he has released so far just because I think that the lyrics are so well written and his voice is unlike anything I've ever heard before. He is definitely an artist I am excited to hear more from and I definitely think he is worthy checking out if you are looking for unique music. 

SOS // Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc
This song breaks my heart as it reminds me of the tragic way Avicii passed away and how we owed him so much more but I think this whole album in general is a beautiful way of demonstrating his music. Particularly, this song stands out as one of my favourites because of the lyrics and the composition of the whole song. 

Paris in the Rain // Lauv
Lauv is an artist I have really discovered this year and I think he is increidbly talented. I have quite a few songs I love from him but I've only just discovered this one which was released a few years ago and it is beautiful. This style of music I think is perfect for summer as it is super chill and relaxing almost. 

Talk // Khalid
This song has been stuck in my head all day and I'm so glad to be finally talking about it. I love how each section of this song is different but it still blends so that you know it's the same song and I just think that it is super fun.  
Shockwave // Liam Gallagher
In my last music post, I mentioned some Oasis songs and little did I know, Liam Gallagher was releasing an album. I'm pretty sure this is one of the only songs from it that has been released as of right now, but I love it. I definitely see Oasis in it which I love because that style of music is some of my favourite. The electric guitar in this makes it for me, it is so energetic and cool, I love it. I can definitely see this becoming one of my favourite new releases from the year, it's amazing. 

Calm Down // G-Eazy
I'm not a huge rap fan but I have really loved some of G-Eazy's other music and something was telling me to listen to this song, and rightly so. It is definitely different for me, but I really like it. I think it is because of the beat and the extra stuff in the song that isn't the initial rap, I think it's super unique. 

I feel like this post was super short and sweet but hopefully, I've inspired you to check out some new music. Let me know what you think of some of these songs.
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to find some new music, but really struggled so this is so helpful! I'll definitely be checking these out xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of these songs if you get around to listening to them!xx

      Delete