Thursday 8 August 2019

EVERYDAY SUMMER MAKEUP

I have been wanting to make this post for a while now because my makeup routine has changed up quite a lot now that it's summer, so this is overdue but hopefully, you still enjoy. I'm trying to keep this post short and sweet so let me know what you think!
At the moment, I haven't really got a primer I am obsessed with, but I am currently trying to use up the Collection Primed and Ready Warm Apricot Primer. This does the job for me, it creates a nice, smooth base for my makeup which is all I could really ask for. With the warmer weather, foundation is just never an option for me. I just find it to be too heavy and it comes off so quick that I just don't see the point. I'm also trying to embrace my freckles at the moment, so right now I am just sticking with concealer. Right now, the two concealers I am switching between are the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer and the Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer just because together, they match me perfectly and they make such a great combo. Finally, for cream products, the Iconic Illuminator Drops in Original have become my new favourite makeup product for summer. I apply this before I use any powders, and then I tend to set it with a powder highlighter just to intense it further. I love to use this daily now though as it just gives your skin a little extra radiance and glow. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette is back out again and I enjoy using both the highlighting powders and the contouring powders. I tend to mix the two matte highlighting powders to set my conceal and then for bronzing and contour, I tend to mix all three shades for something super natural and seamless. This palette will definitely be coming on holiday, it is just the best for powders and it all comes in a little palette. For a proper powder though, the Natural Collection Mattifying Powder is my favourite, right now, just for touching up and setting the places where I might get oily throughout the day. Currently, my favourite blusher is the Too Faced Sweethearts in Candy Glow, just because it is so easy to apply, it gives you such a natural flush and paired with the highlighter I'm about to mention, it looks stunning. Another product I'm bringing back out, TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter. This is just the perfect highlighter for summer, it is a pale gold shade, great for going on holiday and I mainly love it because it is so buildable. Paired with the highlighting drops, it looks insane. 
The only thing I am wearing on my eyebrows right now is the MUA Matte Essentials Eye Shadow Palette. I use the two brown shades just to fill my eyebrows in softly and that's it. Eye shadow has not really been my thing lately, I have been neglecting it over the last few months, but if I was to wear eye shadow, it would be the MUA 15 Shade Palette in Fire Vixen. It has such a beautiful range of pinks and oranges, with some more natural shades and some more vibrant ones. I also love the metallics in this palette, perfect for all over the lid. My all-time favourite mascara, the Collection Volumax Waterproof Mascara is obviously going to be in this post. It is perfect, I can't really fault it, it gives length and volume, and with it being waterproof, it is perfect for the unpredictable weather this summer. 
Finally, for lips, my current favourite is the Huda Beauty Liquid Lipstick in Wifey, however, I am always mixing it up. Liquid lipsticks are always a safe option because of how long they last, but that isn't to say that I don't love a gloss every now and again, because I do. This liquid lipstick though is such a lovely nude, great as a base for any gloss and just generally amazing for summer. 

I'd love to know what you think of the products mentioned in this post!
Grace xx

2 comments: