Monday 5 August 2019

SUPERDRUG NATURALLY RADIANT SKINCARE REVIEW

It has been quite some time since I have done a review blog post, but right now, I currently have a few skincare pieces that I am trying and testing so I thought I would review two of them today. You may know from previous skincare posts, I love Superdrug's own Vitamin E range and I have been wanting to try out some of their other ranges for some time, so I finally got around to buying some of their Naturally Radient products that I am going to be reviewing now.
I picked up two products from the range, their Brightening Day Cream and their Glycolic Overnight Peel, both of which were super affordable and I am pretty sure I got one for half price because of a deal they had on. 
Since summer is here, I have been looking for a new cruelty free day moisturiser with SPF in it as the last few I have used either haven't been very good or cruelty free so I wanted to give this one a try. The product comes in a really cute container, I love how simple the packaging is, and you get 75ml of product which I think is pretty generous. I usually expect day moisturisers to come in a tube because they tend to be thinner, but still, this packaging is still very secure and perfect for storing. This moisturiser also has SPF 15 which is not a lot but it is something, and even in the British weather, SPF is needed on you face for most of July and August. 
This range offered two types of day cream, the one I got is for normal to combination skin which I think was the best fit for me, as I find to have pretty normal skin. The other one they offered is for normal to dry skin so I guess there is something for almost everyone as they don't seem to cater for people with oily skin, however, I guess if you had oily skin you could maybe get away with the one for combination skin. 
As for the formula, it is looks like your typical moisturiser, but I will say, it feels more like a night cream than a day cream, as initally it feels quite thick. You can tell just by looking at it in the pot as it is very sturdy, but don't worry too much as it settles into the skin quite quickly. When you blend it into the skin, the white residue disappears very quickly, but you are best doing it in the mirror just to make sure all of it has been rubbed in properly. It is definitely very moisturising and rich so you know that it is going to hydrate your skin throughout the day and for a such a thick moisturiser, it absorbs into the skin much quicker than I would have thought. When you leave it to settle on the skin, it does give you a proper radient finish but I will say that if you apply too much, it may start to look a little greasy as I have done that a few times. A small amount definitely goes a long way with this product. 
Overall, I really like this moisturiser. It probably isn't the best one I will ever use, but it does a really nice job and for a moisturiser with SPF in it, I think it is great for summer. Like I said before, I think they could have done with another moistuiser for oily skin, especially because this one can start to look greasy even on a normal skin type, so I guess that is something I would be aware of, if I had oily skin. 
As for the Glycolic Overnight Peel, I have never tried a product like it before. After examining the instructions, it seems to act like a hydrating overnight mask. You apply it after you have cleansed your face, leave it on overnight, you then wash it off in the morning and follow up with your day cream. I made the mistake of applying it daily for about 5 days, until I read the back and turns out you're suppose to apply it 2 or 3 times a week, so just be careful of that as I am guessing it could clog your pores. 
I don't think that this is for any specific skin type, but it is obviously part of the naturally radient line, so I would make the assumption that it is more for people with dull, dehydrated skin. It claims to 'awaken you skin's natural glow' and 'improve skin tone and texture' which are two things I would love, but are also very high expectations. 
When I first used this product, I was so surprised when it came out like water. It is like a gel/ water texture and as soon as you put it on your face, it feels like water, I can't explain it any other way. It is so light and thin, but it almost feels like a film as it settles. When it does begin to settle it gets really tacky so I would recommend leaving it to settle fully. I sometimes found that my hair was getting stuck to my face so maybe tie your hair up too just to avoid that. It isn't too bad though when you sleep as it does eventually sink in fully. You definitely don't realise it is on your skin when you wake up, but when you wash it off, it feels like you are removing that film and your skin feels so soft afterwards. I found that my skin was super smooth and it felt hydrated. It definitely doesn't make you look greasy or anything, it just makes your skin feel fresh and soft. 
This is definitely a new favourite product in my skincare routine, I think I will definitely repurchase it when I run out as it is just a nice addition to have, to give your skin some extra moisture. 
I would love to know if you have tried out either of these products or the Naturally Radient line in general. If you have any other skincare recommendations, I would love to hear them in the comments!
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. the Glycolic Overnight Peel sounds really good and interesting!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Such a unique product!xx

      Delete