Wednesday 5 August 2015

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag

Hi everyone,
Since it is summer, that means lots of people (especially in the UK) are going on holiday. Sadly I am not but I decided to do this any way. Whether you are going away for a week, month, day. I hope that this can some how help you. This is also a colab with Kate, she has an amazing blog (linked at the end of this post) and her instagram is @lippysandlemondrops. I really suggest you go and check them out.

Mini's
When you find all mini makeup products at the bottom of your draw that you forgot about, finally become useful. I would say Benefit are the best for there minis so I am taking the Porefessional, Bene tint, Bad Gal lash all in mini sizes. I am also taking a mini brow gel, I got in a set around Christmas time, I think it is from Asda, but it is a great product.

Palettes
Every time I see a gorgeous palette, my immediate thought is "That would be great for traveling!"  So I found two that are great. The MUA conceal and prime palette, if you have read a few of my recent blog posts you will know I love this. It is great for travelling since it is 4 concealers and a highlighter in one. Also the Technic eye shimmer palette is amazing. I have never seen anyone talk about this and I don't know were you can get them from as it was a gift but I love this palette. I comes with 9 different cream eye shadows all really pigmented and wearable, they give your eyes that really effortless and shimmery look. 

Other products
When you pack there is always going to be that product you have to take but you can't condense it in anyway. I have a few of these and they are the Rimmel clear complexion powder, if you know me, you know I can't live without powder so I needed this with me. Also the MUA intense colour eye liner in snow white, I chose this over my black one as I think it's more natural for day time.
 I also find that lip products are the hardest ones to condense so I tried to cut it down to three lip products. I didn't bring a lipstick because I thought I could use bene tint to stain my lips but I brought my Victoria Secret lip gloss in totally hot. This is very pigmented and I thought it is great for day and night. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I can't go one day without my Nivea essential care lip balm so that was a must. This summer I am also trying to exfoliate my lips more so I brought the Victoria Secret lip scrub in strawberry fizz. My favorite one is the Lush mint julips one but the Victoria secret one was smaller.

Brushes
For me the hardest part was trying to limit the amount of brushes I take so I did try my best.
To blend my concealer, blush and to apply my powder, I brought the Real Techniques buffing brush. I brought this one as I can do three different things with it. I am not sure where the next brush is from but it is just a standard blending brush. I really like this and I thought it would be good to make my eye shadow look less harsh. My final brush is just a brow and lash brush, it's got two brushes in one. You can probably tell I use this as it is very dirty. This is great to separate your lashes and brush through your brows.

Random
The last two things in my makeup bag are essential for me and I think everyone should carry them in their makeup bag. Tweezers are very useful for many things as are mini scissors. These both came in a mini nail kit and since they are small, I can fit them in easily.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, Kate's blog is linked here. I hope you all have a great day and I will post again on Sunday.
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. Palettes are an essential for a travel makeup bag, so you don't have to carry loads of products around which may get broken or lost! Lovely post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I totally agree ! xx

      Delete
    2. What's the Mua concealer and prime palette like I have mixed thoughts but am now interested in buying

      Delete
    3. It is amazing! I apply it before my foundation or concealer, but each colour blurs out a different problem area eg. redness, under eyes. I am doing a whole in depth review of it next week so I will let you know once I have posted it. But it is well worth £4 the only problem is after about a week I had already ran out of the green tone as I have a lot of redness, but you are able to purchase each colour separately.

      Delete