Wednesday 29 August 2018

Superdrug Vitamin E Skincare Review

As of going cruelty-free, I have had plenty of opportunities to try out some new brands and one that has stood out to me is the Vitamin E range from Superdrug's own brand. I have tried out quite a lot of their products and so I thought that I would make this post to summarise my thoughts on the products I have tried. In total, I have tried seven of their products so far, five of which I love, but do keep in mind that the ones I have disliked or the ones I have used up are not featured in these pictures because I have gotten rid of them or threw away the packaging.

I am going to start with my most recent favourite from the Vitamin E range which is the Gentle Oatmeal Exfoliator. Previous to this, I had another face scrub favourite except it was not cruelty-free so I was on the hunt for a cruelty-free alternative and after much testing, I came across this one which I really love. For me, a face scrub needs to be intense as I don't use them often so when I do, I need them to do a great job. This one does exactly that, the texture is quite thick but when massaging it into the skin, it thins out and allows you to really scrub your skin. It is definitely rather intense but once you have washed it off, it leaves your skin feeling so refreshed and clean. I use this once or twice a week and it definitely smooths the skin that makes applying makeup or products much easier. The scent is definitely not my favourite but it goes once you've washed it off so it's fine.
Next up is a staple in my daily makeup routine and it's the Nourishing Eye Cream. Before this, I had never tried any other eye creams but right now I don't want to because I like this one so much. I like to apply this of an evening to help hydrate my under eyes, I find that when I do this my concealer doesn't crease as easily when I apply it the morning after. This concealer has got a thick consistency so I don't use it every night but a few times a week, I apply this and it just helps to keep my under eyes hydrated, which is an area that I tend to get dry really easily on. When you apply this, it has a great cooling effect that is so refreshing, and you only need the smallest bit for it to do the job. 

Next is a summer must-have for me and it's the Hydrating Mist. I know not everyone thinks it's worth buying a bottle of what just seems to be water, but considering how affordable this is, I don't really mind paying for it. This spray is so cooling and refreshing to apply and I love how it makes my skin feel. I love to wear this on its own after I have moisturized or on top of my makeup to help melt the powders into my skin, which helps make my makeup look more natural. The spray on this is very fine and it distributes the product really nicely. I don't fully know whether this actually does hydrate the skin but it does give my skin a fairly dewy finish which is really nice so I would recommend this if you do have dry skin.

The next two products I love from this range are both moisturizers that I like to use of an evening. This one is my current favourite night cream which is the Nourishing Night Cream. From the name, this is supposed to be a night cream and it does a really amazing job. I love this night cream because of how hydrating it is, it keeps my skin nourished until the morning. However, this product still soaks up really easily and it is not uncomfortable to wear since it's not sticky feeling. I am definitely enjoying using this right now and I think it is going to be a product I repurchase for a long time.

As for the second moisturizer, I used it as a night cream but its proper name is the Intense Moisture Cream. Honestly, this is very similar to their proper night cream except it is that little bit thicker. For me, this was a great staple for winter and I will probably repurchase it, especially as it is great for the body too. I feel like a product like this is something everyone should have in their collection is it is just great to have whether it is for the face or the body. If you do have dry skin though this would work amazingly as a face cream during the day or evening depending on how dry your skin actually is. I actually found myself mixing this in with my day cream to just help add that little bit more hydration on the days where my skin felt extra dry. 
The final two products are the ones I have tried that I just didn't like, the first one being their Gentle Micellar Solution. Starting with the scent, I just couldn't get along with it and it did linger around for quite a while, and since I didn't even like the formula it was just another reason for me to dislike this product. As for the formula though, I found that it just didn't do a very good job at removing my makeup, it was pretty average and it did actually require a lot of the product to do the full job. It also had this greasy feeling when I used it but afterward, I felt as though my skin was stripped of all moisture which has never happened to me before. This just didn't work for me and I definitely don't plan on repurchasing it but I do plan on trying out a few more of their cleansers soon.

As for the final product in this post, it is another dislike for me and it is the SPF15 Moisturizing Day Cream. What I didn't like about this is that there are little balls in this moisturizer that just really don't like to blend in. I find that this moisturizer takes ages to sink it and it leaves a white cast that I just find really frustrating. It did do the job of hydrating the skin, but I just found that it left my skin looking a little too greasy for my liking. Again this is a product I won't be repurchasing but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Let me know if you have tried anything from this range and if so whether you like it or not, I am definitely up for trying a few more of their products. 
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I recently picked up some things from the Vitamin E range and I love love love the face exfoliator. the night cream and moisture cream sound really good. I got their micellar water today, so I'll see how that turns out!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: I tried it last night and I didn't like it either!

      Delete