Wednesday 22 August 2018

Foundation as Contour? // Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick Review

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that the LA Girl Pro Conceal Concealer in Toast has been my favourite cream contour ever. Saying that I have been using it for well over a year and I think that it is about time to mix things up. If you read my Revolution haul (linked here) then you will know that I picked up there Fast Base Foundation Stick in F14 to use as a cream contour. I just thought I would make this post to update you on how I feel about this product.
We all know how affordable Revolution is as a makeup brand and this product goes without saying, it is a steal. You get a generous amount of product in this so you are not going to run out of it quickly especially if you use it as cream contour like me. This product comes in a range of shades, a lot better than some other drugstore foundation ranges and therefore, I found it really easy to pick out a cream contour shade. To be honest, I probably could have gone a shade lighter but this one still works great. I think if you are super fair or have an even deeper complexion then I think that you could still find a cream contour shade for you. F14 for me is a very warm shade and therefore doubles as a bronzer for me too.
One thing I love about this foundation stick is how easy it is to apply. You can literally apply this cream contour in one swipe and because it is so creamy the stick just glides and doesn't drag whatsoever. In case you are wondering where I apply this, I apply it on my cheekbones, temples, jawline and a little bit down each side of my nose. When it comes to blending this out, it is so easy. I find that this formula blends seamlessly with a brush or a sponge. It is honestly a matter of seconds until the cream contour is blended out and what I love is that it looks so natural. I find that because this is still a foundation stick it blends almost into nothing, it blends into something so natural looking that it looks just like your skin again. You can build this to your desired intensity but I find that one layer is enough for me. As for the finish, it is just very natural looking not super matte or dewy, more like a satin finish. 
I love that cream contour lasts longer than a powder and this one definitely does that. In my everyday makeup, I still like to top this off with a powder bronzer just to set it but then I can almost guarantee that it lasts all day, even in this current heat. 
Overall, I would highly recommend this product as a cream contour and I will probably try it out very soon in a foundation shade for myself as I like this formula a lot. I would actually go as far as to say that I like it more than my LA Girl concealer because it is so much more natural and easier to apply. Definitely let me know if you have tried out this foundation whether it is as a foundation or as a cream contour, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. You most definitely want something creamy and easy to blend out when you're applying a cream contour, otherwise it makes things such hard work!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been there and it can be such a pain!xx

      Delete
  2. I've just tried this out as a foundation today, and I love it! Picking it up in a contour shade is such a good idea, as it blends out to easily xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I really need to pick it up in my foundation shade!xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE using this for foundation! Definitely adding it to my list to pick up the contour shades!!

    Katie | www.justkatiee.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try it as a foundation, it is definitely next on my wishlist!xx

      Delete