Wednesday 8 August 2018

End Of Summer TBR!

I love reading and I want to talk about it more on my blog so I thought I'd share with you today what books I plan on reading before I go back to school at the start of September. Summer is the perfect time for me to read because I have so much spare time and saying that, I have a lot of books that I want to read that have been in my collection for a while so I thought I'd share them with you today.

I have had Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu for just over a year now and I am still yet to read it. The main reason I think I haven't read it yet is that it is not my usual genre. If you know me, you know I love a good romance book but this is the complete opposite. From what I have heard, this book is about a girl called Vivian who stands up for female's rights in her high school. I think that this is going to be an interesting read and very motivating for females to read as I expect it reassure young girls that they have a voice. I definitely plan on writing up a review of this book once I've read it as I think I will really like it.

This book, I have technically already started but I am still yet to finish it, so I thought I'd put it in here anyway. It is The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr and as much as I've heard positive things about this book, I just couldn't get into it. At the time I was ready this, my mind was pretty busy and all over the place so hopefully, when I return to read this, I can get a bit more hooked on the story. As from what I've read, it is about a girl called Flora who has amnesia but then she remembers something for the first time since she was 10. 
Again, I have read the first few chapters of this book but couldn't get into it as I don't think I was fully focused. It is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I feel as though this book is a classic YA so I have to read it soon. I don't remember at all what this book is about so that proves to me that I was not focused so I am going to start with this one from the beginning again. I am definitely intrigued by this book as I know a lot of people say how important it is for teenagers to read. From what I know, it is about a boy called Charlie and he writes letters to himself or at least that is what I think it is about.

The next book is fairly new to my collection as I got it for my birthday and it is The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon. I loved Yoon's first book, Everything, Everything, so I am definitely intrigued to see how this one varies to that one. I am going into this book fairly blind as I don't fully know the plot but I do know that it is a bit of a romance which is right up my street. From what I've read from the summary the characters also seem fairly diverse too which I like as it makes it a more modern, relatable and relevant story. I think I am going to take this book on holiday too as it is also set in New York which I am going to so I think it would be really fitting if I read it there. 

Next up is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell which is another book I am still yet to read but I know a lot of people love. I think the main reason I haven't read this book yet is that I feel intimidated by how long it looks. From what I know, it is a coming of age story and I honestly have really high hopes for this book.
The final book I have to mention is also fairly new to me as my best friend, Penny, got me this for my birthday as we have a similar taste in books. I have never heard of it before but it is How to Write a Love Story by Katy Cannon. This book looks right up my street as like I said before, I love a good romance. I can see myself really liking this book so I am just hoping that it doesn't disappoint. This is again, another book I will report back on, in case it does deserve more hype.

This post was definitely a little different for me but do let me know if you liked it and I will be sure to do more of these. Also let me know if you have read any of these books and if so, your thoughts on them.
Grace xx

10 comments:

  1. These books look really good! I remember reading the first few chapters of Fangirl but I just couldn't get into it (I think it would've been perfect for when I was a little younger). Hopefully you'll be able to read them all!

    www.lifeasnajida.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Fangirl when I read a few years ago but didn't enjoy The Sun Is Also A Star. I LOVED All the Bright Places and that put so much pressure on this book to be just as good, which ended up leaving me disappointed. I'm curious to see what you think of it x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised to hear that because I have heard nothing but good things but I will definitely let you know my thoughts once I've read it!xx

      Delete
  3. I read the perks of being a wallflower when I was around 15/16? and loved it, the movie is good too. I hope you enjoy it if you pick it up again! I've never read Fangirl, but I know a lot of people love it- I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know as I do have high expectations!xx

      Delete
  4. wow i have not read any of them books but they look good! thanks for sharing I had a great read ! your blog is amazing

    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot you've read. I wish I had the time to read more.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read them yet, but hopefully I will!xx

      Delete