Friday 27 December 2019

THE BODY SHOP ADVENT CALENDAR 2019 - TOP TEN PRODUCTS & DAY 25

Hello everyone, and Merry (late) Christmas, I hope you all had an amazing day spent with friends and family. As many of you may know, I was lucky enough to have been treated to The Body Shop advent calendar this year by my parents and over on my Instagram you will have seen some of my daily updates of the products I have been receiving. I thought today, as everything has been opened and revealed, that I would share with you my favourite bits out of the advent calendar and also what I received in day 25 which I haven't revealed yet. Some of these products I only received a few days ago and so I haven't been able to test the majority of these products, however, if there is anything you'd like a specific review on then please leave it in the comment below.

I'll start off with what was in day 25, the final product of the calendar and it didn't disappoint. Inside the 25th box was a full-sized Shea Norishing Body Butter, which is one of The Body Shop's most famous products. These body butters are some of the best on the market and with it retailing at £15 normally, it is such a treat to have received this in the advent calendar. I love using these body butters straight after a shower to help keep my skin hydrated. They are so nourishing, as the name would suggest and they last ages too, so I am extremely excited to have another one of these in my collection.

I had already picked my top ten products before opening day 25, but they are in no particular order. It also isn't to say that the rest of the products I received in this advent calendar weren't good because the entire selection was so well organised and developed, I have just selected some of the products that I am most excited to try and products that I think a lot of people will be surprised to have received in a beauty advent calendar. I have also linked all of the products directly to The Body Shop website so you can shop them yourself if you are intrigued by anything I have mentioned.

I was so surprised to have received so many cool skincare bits from this year's advent calendar, one of which was the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Facial Soap which I had never even seen in-store or advertised before. This is a really intriguing product to me because it is basically a cleanser but in soap form, which I have never tried before. I think that this would be so good for just cleaning your face first thing in the morning. The Himalayan Charcoal products that I have tried previously have been so luxurious and effective, so I expect a similar outcome from this product. It is also a very generous size, it is definitely the sort of product I can see lasting forever.

I love The Body Shop shower gels, it was actually the first product I ever tried from them and I got a few in this advent calendar however I was so excited about the Juicy Pear Shower Gel particularly because it is a limited edition scent for Christmas. The smell of this is just incredible, it is fruity and sweet but so refreshing. This is going straight in my shower to get used because it is just such an incredible scent and if you have never tried The Body Shop shower gels, then you are missing out. They are so long-lasting, the smells are always so potent and they lather up great. 

Like I said, the skincare bits in this advent calendar were such a dream and something which I was so excited to see was the Aloe Calm Hydration Sheet Mask which I believe is fairly new to The Body Shop. Sheet masks are those product for me which I wouldn't tend to buy myself but love using every now and again. I am quite bad at giving my skin regular face masks because I can be quite lazy with them, which is what makes sheet masks so perfect, they aren't that messy and they are so luxurious to use. This one looks like it is going to be so perfect for the colder months because of the hydrating properties described in the product and so I am very excited to get around to using it. 

Another sheet mask in this advent calendar was the Vitamin C Glow Sheet Mask which I am also so excited to try. Like I said earlier, sheet masks are never the sort of thing I buy myself because they are a proper pamper product but it is always nice to have a few stocked up in case I'm ever in need of a relaxing evening. With these also being new products, it is so exciting to get to try them and they are definitely products I am thinking of reviewing for you lot when I finally get around to using them. 
I feel like what you're all gathering from this post is that I am kind of obsessed with skincare because I am just so excited about the products I received which I now get to test and try. One thing in my skincare routine which I am always mixing up is moisturiser and I have tried quite a few from The Body Shop but none of them really stuck, however, one which I haven't yet tried is the Aloe Soothing Day Cream which I actually received in this advent calendar. This is actually a best seller on The Body Shop website and so I have high expectations for this product. It is also full-sized which I was so pleased with because it now really gives me an opportunity to try it to its fullest.

The final skincare product I have to mention in this post is the Rose Dewy Glow Face Mist. I have actually tried two of these face mists previously and have loved using them so I'm very glad to add another one to the collection. These mists are great because you can use them before or after makeup, use them to add a little glow or hydration to even use on a flat shader brush to add an extra shine to an eye shadow. They are just so versatile but my favourite way to use these sprays are after I've cleansed and I'm just about to moisuirse, I apply a bit of the spray across my face and it just adds that little bit extra hydration to the skin.

A very random product I love from The Body Shop are their nail files and so I was so excited to have received the Layers of Fun Nail File this year. I don't know what it is about their nail files but they are just such incredible quality, they work like a dream and last ages. When it comes to nailcare, I can be so lazy but if I'm ever painting my nails or just trying to strengthen them, I always have one of these on the go. It definitely isn't something you'd think to try from The Body Shop but I highly recommend them. 
The Body Shop have very slowly emerged as a company which produces great cosmetics and I have received a few of their makeup tools over the last few advent calendars such as their brushes or eyelash curlers, however, this year I got to try the Complexion Blender. I was so excited to have received this because you can never have too many makeup sponges and I had never tried it before. Since receiving this, I have tried it a few times and I am definitely very pleased with how it's working. It is such a good size also because of the fine tip, it just really helps, especially to blend concealer under the eyes and so it is definitely going to be a very well-loved product.

I have always been intrigued by The Body Shop haircare, but I had just never gone to buy any of it but I don't need to anymore because in this year's advent calendar I received the Strawberry Clearly Glossing Shampoo and Strawberry Clearly Glossing Conditioner which I am so excited about. You may or may not know but since only buying cruelty free beauty products, I have found it difficult to buy haircare which is cruelty free, however, that is exactly what The Body Shop stands for and I love that. This now gives me the perfect opportunity to try some new cruelty free hair bits and hopefully review them for you all once I get around to using them. They definitely sound like a very promising duo and they are such a generous size also, so hopefully very soon, I will get around to trying them out.

I hope you enjoyed this post, especially because it is going to be my final one of 2019. While I'm off from school, I am going to be working on a lot of exciting posts but just so I can get them to the standard I'd like whilst also having a bit of a break, this is the final post of the year. I will talk about it in a later post, but 2019 has been a huge year for me and it has definitely been a difficult one for many different reasons, however, I am so grateful for all of you reading this post now and I hope 2020 is filled with so much more happiness from all sides. Thank you all so much for an incredible year, and I will see you in 2020!
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment