Saturday 21 March 2020

A LONG AWAITED UPDATE

Hello everyone,
It feels very weird to be sat down writing this post. Mostly because it's been a while, but also given the circumstances of this post. What I wanted to talk about today was where I am at right now and what I have been up to over the last month or so. However, before getting into all of that, I want you all to know that I am sending all the positive vibes I have left, your way. I hope you are all coping during this difficult time and I will be available if anybody needs someone to talk to.

I'll start with what I've been up to. As most of you will know, I am currently in year 13, my final year of education and so the last few months have been pretty crazy for me. I guess why I went so quiet on social media over this time was not only my workload getting heavier but also how I was coping with the stress, it was becoming unhealthy and so I came to the decision that I would take a break from blogging and that area of social media, just while I get through my exams. Obviously, I am back sooner than I would have anticipated but I guess I will talk about that now. 

I'm sure you all know, and you don't need me to explain it once again but COVID-19 has become very serious and very high-spread within the UK over the last couple of weeks. I don't want to talk about it a whole lot as I think we all need a bit of a distraction but it has completely transformed my life in the space of a couple of days and that's something I need to explain. Like I said earlier, I am in year 13 and last Wednesday, the government announced the closure of all schools and the cancellation of all May and June exams this year. What this means for me is that I am no longers sitting ALevel exams and yesterday (Friday) was my last ever day of education. This has all happened over the last couple of days and so it is still really difficult for me to comprehend right now, which I think is how a lot of people are feeling at this given time, but I wanted to get this post up quickly. With obviously having an abrupt end to my education, it is a very disheartening time for a lot of people, myself included but something I want to clarify is that I still believe that this was the right decision in regards to closing down schools. I am in full support of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and I plan to play my part in that. However, what it now means for me, is that I have an extremely long break between year 13 and university (if that is what I decide to do) and with a lot of that time being spent at home, I am starting to put things in play that are going to keep me occupied. Obviously, this blog has been neglected for quite some time and I have never really been able to give it the attention it deserves and that is one of the main things I plan to do with my time at home. I am definitely going to be posting content more frequently and to a higher standard, my Instagram should become more active and I can finally be that content provider that I have wanted to be for a really long time. The other things I get up to are also going to be posted on here or Instagram so in summary, I just wanted to post this to let you all know that I am back. 

There will be a post coming in the next couple of days so stay tuned for that and like I said, you are going to be seeing a lot more from me very soon so please stick around. I hope you are all doing well though, given the awful conditions of the world right now I think it is times like this that we need to be here for each other and so if anyone does want someone to talk to, I am available through different social media and also my email (gracexkatex@gmail.com), so please feel free to drop me a message.

Stay safe,
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're doing okay Grace! While the government definitely made the right decision, I can only imagine how devastated you feel that your potentially final year in education has ended so abruptly! It is such a difficult time, but I can't wait to read more blog content from you, that's definitely something to look forward to! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Erin, it's definitely hard to process, but it was for the best!xx

      Delete
  2. welcome back! it sucks that your education ended abruptly, but I agree, it was the best decision to shut schools etc. I hope you're okay and are doing well! I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming blogposts!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete