Friday 12 April 2019

UPCYCLED NO. 3 - Mini Skirt Out Of Curtains?

I have definitely found this whole upcycling thing to be so much fun and I love documenting it on here. Today's post is probably my favourite because I basically made it from scratch and I'm just super proud of how it turned out. 
There is a bit of a story about where I got this fabric from. Basically, my mum wanted some new curtains but when she bought them, she realised that they were too long but instead of returning them, I just took them up and so this fabric, what I cut off from the original curtains. Obviously, you have two curtains and because one of the trimmings wasn't long enough to become a full skirt, I had to match the pattern and attach both trimmings to create a bigger fabric to work with. 
This was a complete trial and error process, so it took a while but I feel like I got there in the end. There is a zip fastening at the back, so it is super easy to get on and off because the fabric has no stretch at all, but it also meant that I could make the shape super fitted. 
My only issue with this skirt is that it is quite short and so I am contemplating adding a third panel around the bottom, just to give it a little more length but we will see what I end up doing with it. This was a super fun process though and I just love how these were made of curtains because, I think, that the fabric works really nicely as a skirt fabric because of the way it holds shape.
I can't wait to carry on with this series, and hopefully, like this one, I will be able to find some unique ways of reusing fabric. 
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I always tell people that before you throw something out try and see what you can make out it. You may never know you could surprise yourself.

    Samara // The Marshall Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I definitely agree, plus it's so fun to get creative!xx

      Delete
  2. That's so beaut!!!

    www.upyourvlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That D.I.Y. mini-skirt came out looking gorgeous!!!!!! The weave and pattern of the fabric, and your design and tailoring of the skirt all look fabulous! The length, fit, and your fashion design all look absolutely perfect! It's a very pretty outfit piece.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so so much, that means the world to me!xx

      Delete