Sunday 19 May 2019

CURRENTLY LOVING IN BEAUTY

At the moment, I haven't been getting the chance to test beauty products like I used to, mainly because I tend to stick to my holy grails now. However, recently, I have found myself reaching some different products to mix things up as well as finding some new cruelty free products that I really wanted to share. 
I have had this blusher in my collection for quite a while now but I feel like I never give it enough love. Blusher for me is always very hit or miss, I like something that is sheer and buildable and not too pink or orange, easy to please...I know. A lot of the blushers in my collection also tend to be matte, mainly because I tend to leave the shimmer for my highlighter, but now that the warmer weather is here, I have been reaching for some of my more shimmery products for a more glowy look. This blusher always seems to come out at this time of year because of the beautiful glow it gives. I love how the colour of this blusher is super neutral and it is natural looking on the skin, it is definitely very sheer but it gives off enough pigment to make you look flushed. My favourite thing about this product though is that sometimes, I don't even wear highlighter when I wear this because the glow it gives is so flattering on its own. This is definitely a glowy skin essential for me and I think that everyone needs a product like this in their makeup bag. 
This concealer definitely deserves the hype, it needs to be said. I know this has been out for quite a while now but I still think it's just as great as it was when it first came out. I am always looking out for a new drugstore concealer but this one has definitely been my favourite now for quite some time. I mainly love it just for how versatile it is. I find that it gives enough coverage for it to cover up discolouration but it also highlighters my under eyes and it makes a really nice eye base also. The formula of it is lovely, I find it super easy to blend, really long lasting and it just seems to look nice on the skin. Obviously, the shade range of this concealer is huge for the beauty industry and for a drugstore company, I think that they have smashed it. I think that this is going to be a product that I repurchase again and again because I don't think that you could go wrong with this formula. 
I always forget to set my makeup with a spray, anyone else? But more recently, I have actually been using these face mists as more of a hydrating refresh for my skin right before I moisturise it. I can't tell you whether it improves my skin in any way, but I like the way my skin feels afterwards, so that's enough for me. The Body Shop is one of my favourite brands ever, and their skincare is something I am always wanting to test more and more of. This face mist, I got quite a while back now, but I think that it is perfect for a quick refresh, especially in this warm weather. Sometimes I will set my makeup with this and it works nicely just to allow the powers to melt into the skin, but like I said before, I also just like to apply this on no-makeup days as a little refresh and some more hydration. I will say, one thing you might not like about this product is that it has a super strong scent. It is strawberry and it is very potent so if you're not about that really fruity scent then maybe this isn't for you because when you first spray it, it is very strong. 
Like I was saying before, this is the time of year where I am just all about glowy skin and also wearing less makeup. My everyday makeup doesn't really tend to include many cream products, but recently, this liquid highlighter has been essential. There are so many ways you can use this, but my favourite way is to apply it straight after my primer, on the high points of my face and then I would just apply some concealer, set it with powder and that's it. It is amazing for those effortless makeup looks that are just super fresh looking, but even over your foundation as a base for your powder highlighter, it can really intensify everything. I think products like this are really easily neglected in makeup but I think that they are such an essential in anyone's collection. I have even been known to use this as eye shadow and it worked amazingly. 
I have been on the hunt for a cruelty-free and affordable shampoo and conditioner for so long now and I feel like I have finally found one. Inecto is actually sold in Home Bargains and Savers, so it is super accessible and super affordable. I basically saw this and thought of giving it a go, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. Considering both the shampoo and conditioner probably cost me less than £5, I wasn't really expecting anything amazing but I really love how this duo makes my hair feel. I've linked the title with some information about this particular range, but they actually have quite a few depending on what you want, this bamboo one is targetted for dull, damaged and normal hair which is a pretty accurate description of mine. I am always looking for hair products that will strengthen my hair and make it look more hydrated and healthy. This duo definitely works really nicely with my hair, I find that it feels super soft after using it and I have also found that it looks a lot less dry-looking which was definitely something I wanted. I am just super excited about this brand and I think that it is definitely worth picking up because I think everyone could find something within this company. Their products are also vegan and they use a lot of natural ingredients which I think it what makes their products so effective. Highly recommend!
I have been testing some Formula 10.0.6 products all throughout this year and this is definitely my most favourite. A face scrub is such an essential in my makeup routine because I don't think that there is anything like it. I feel like a cleanser doesn't do enough to remove all of my makeup and so a scrub is essential for me to ensure that my face is super clean. My old favourite face scrub was not cruelty-free and I have never found anything that comes close to it, apart from this. Before this, I was using the face scrub in the Superdrug Vitamin E range but it didn't come close to my old favourite, this, however, is a dream. It is definitely an intense scrub, so I only tend to use it once or twice a week, but it does such a good job at making sure your skin is clean and that any dead skin is removed. This product also smells incredible, it is super fruity and fresh so it is perfect for giving your skin a proper refresh. I definitely see myself repurchasing this again and again. It is also fairly affordable and obviously cruelty-free so I would definitely recommend it to anyone on the hunt for a new face scrub. 

Hopefully, you enjoyed seeing some of my current favourite beauty products right now, let me know what you've currently been loving!
Grace xx



2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try that Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist from The Body Shop for ages! Nice to read someone else review of it! :)
    Chantelle
    xoxo
    https://thatyorkshiregirlchantelle.com

    ReplyDelete