Sunday 5 January 2020

20 THINGS I WANT TO DO IN 2020

If you haven't seen my previous 2020 related blog post, then I will link it here, but it simply discussed some of habits and ideas that I wanted to put into practice throughout 2020. In this post, I wanted it to be a little more random, and a bit more like a bucket list. There are things in this post that are small things and a few more that are a little more serious, however, they are all things that I want to do for myself in 2020. 

LEAVE FULL-TIME EDUCATION
This one is pretty inevitable as I am in my final year of sixth form and I will be leaving year 13 one way or another in May but it is something that I am looking forward to doing. Not that I am excited for the prospect of growing up and making some very serious decisions, but I will be excited to see the back of full-time education. My sixth form journey has definitely been a rollercoaster, to say the least, and so I don't think I will associate it as being a particularly positive time in my life, however, I do think it that by leaving sixth form, it offers me with a perfect opportunity for a fresh start and a time to start developing new goals and dreams.

SIT A-LEVEL EXAMS
Another point that is pretty inevitable as I am basically already signed up to sit these exams in a couple of months, but I want to do well. I have been preparing for these exams for at least 18 months now and that's just the curriculum. A-Levels is such an important part in modern education as it can determine so many things and so I really want to take the opportunity and give it my best. I don't think I will ever feel ready for what I am going to be faced with but I want to tick it off and walk away from the exams knowing that I've done my best. 

JOIN A CLUB/ DEVELOP A NEW HOBBY
I have been saying this for a while, but I'd love to learn something new. Something that I can attend to once a week or whatever and feel like part of a community. Not that I have any idea what it is going to be in yet, but I definitely want to push myself to learn new things and to meet new people. For a while now, I have been all hands-on with education, it has been years since I attended an after-school activity or hobby, but I want to change that and commit myself to something that I really enjoy. 

READ 25 BOOKS
Unfortunately, I actually failed 2019's reading challenge of reading 24 books but I am putting it down to exam season and year 13. Although I will be sitting exams this year, I will also have a ridiculously long holiday to fill my time with whatever I please, and so, right now, I plan to read the books collecting dust on my shelves. There are so many books that I am keen to read, which I may do a post about soon, but I just want the chance to really sink my teeth into all of them, and so hopefully I will achieve that this year. 25 isn't a lot to some people, but I am a very slow reader at times and so I think that 2 books a month is a reasonable goal. 

TRAVEL SOMEWHERE NEW
I am so desperate to go on a holiday this year, after I finish my exams, and I'd love it to go somewhere completely unlike anywhere I have ever been to before. Right now I have a few places that I'd love to go to, so hopefully, I get something organised. I don't even mean abroad particularly, I haven't travelled to most of the UK and so I think that would be a good place to start. 

GO ON A NIGHT OUT
2020 is the year I turn 18 and so I would really like to just go on a night out. I'm not the sort of person to grab a fake ID, if I want to go out, I want to do it properly, with my friends and just have a really good time. 
SECURE A JOB
This one could either be really straight forward or really difficult depending on how well my current job goes. I love where I currently work and I am so grateful that I have been given the chance to work there, but I am still on probation and so fingers crossed, this year they will officially make me a permanent member of staff there. If not, then they will let me go and I would need to find another job, but right now, I am thinking positively.

TAKE A COURSE IN SOMETHING I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT
I guess this one could go hand in hand with starting a new hobby, but I wouldn't be mad if they were in two completely different things either. There are so many courses available these days whether they are free ones online or physical ones at a college, but I would really like to do one this year. I am still so undecided about what I am going to do in the future and so I would really love to try out a few interests of mine, and I think a really good way to grow one of my interests would be by taking a course. It is something that I do plan to document and share on my blog so I'm sure you will find out if and when I do a course. 

ORGANISE AN EVENT
This one is actually in the works right now and hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, I will be able to share all of the details with you, but I am just really excited. I don't want to say too much, but I love organising and I have always wanted to do something myself, and I feel like I have really had that opportunity already this year, with the help of a few family members, so I am super excited to share the whole experience. 

SELL A PIECE OF ART
Definitely more of an ambitious goal for 2020, but why not take on the challenge? I love art and so it would be an absolute dream of mine to sell something I have created. Just one thing would be enough for me right now and it would be such a massive achievement of mine, but we will see how the year plans out. This one could either go one of two ways. 

ATTEND ANOTHER FOOTBALL MATCH
At the end of 2019, I attended my first ever football match and so I kind of have the bug now of just wanting to go there all the time and get that buzz back. It is definitely more of an unpredictable one as you really do have to touch lucky when it comes to getting football match tickets, especially if it's a Premier League match or Champion's League match, but I am going to keep my fingers crossed. 

GO ICE SKATING
I have wanted to do this for years now as I haven't been for so long but every time I plan to do it over the Christmas period, I either chicken out or just get too busy. This year is the year though that I just tick it off because I love ice skating and it's just such a fun day out so although it is something small, I really want to do it this year. 

ATTEND A DANCE CLASS
You may or may not know this, but I was a massive dancer growing up, I was obsessed with it. A few years ago though, I quit the dance school I was attending due to a couple of things and never brought it back up, but it is something I really want to get back into. I don't like the idea of dancing weekly, I want to dance for the fun of it not because it is part of a weekly schedule, and so I think open classes is the best way around this for me. I guess I just need to build up the courage to actually go as the concept frightens me but I really want to do it at the same time. 

BOOK MY OWN HOLIDAY
Linked to travelling somewhere new, but I would like to organise something independently this year. Growing up, my parents have always booked my holidays and so I would love to just learn it for myself. I would love to travel a lot when I'm older and so I would just like to get into the habit of booking something myself now. I am definitely not saying that I won't need help, but I would like to arrange and plan my own holiday this year and just learn everything as I go along. 

BUY MYSELF SOMETHING DESIGNER
I wouldn't say that I am massively materialistic, but I do love a good designer piece every once and a while but most of my designer pieces were gifts, which I am so grateful for, but I would love to buy myself something luxurious this year. For the first time, I am earning a good amount of money from my job and so I would really like to spend it wisely. I have always dreamed of buying myself something luxurious just to say that I saved up for that and so I can feel proud of myself. It isn't something for everyone, but it is just something I would like to do for myself this year. 

RUN A 5K
This one is also in the works as I have already signed up for it a couple of days ago, but that doesn't mean I am prepared one bit. I haven't been to the gym in about six months and even when I was attending the gym, running has never been my strong point. However, I really want to work on my running this year and enjoy my fitness journey, but because I have a goal now and something to work towards, I think it will just make me more committed to the goal. 

DONATE BLOOD
I have always wanted to do this and for years I have meant to do it but just never got around to it, but I think it is really important and something I would like to do. 

DO A 24HR READATHON
This is very random, but like I said earlier, there are a lot of books that I want to read and hopefully, around the middle of this year, I will have a lot of spare time so I would love to just dedicate a whole day to reading. I have been meaning to do this for a long time but I have just never had the time to do it, but this year I want to get around to ticking this off the list. 

I'd love to know if you guys have any bucket list ideas that you'd like to tick off this year!
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything, it sounds like you're going to have such a good year! Travelling is always a good idea! I need to get into reading too, and setting a target is such a good idea xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment Hannah!xx

      Delete