Sunday 2 February 2020

JANUARY

I am so excited it's February, and looking back on January, although it felt like a year in itself, I didn't actually get up to too much. However, I did get up to a few exciting things which I am going to talk about in this post, but hopefully, the rest of 2020 is going to be even more exciting. Who knows if I am going to be able to do this every month in 2020, but I definitely wanted to give it a go as I love looking back at the things I have done/ achieved no matter how big or small. 

I learned to balance school and my job properly...
Much more of a general statement, but having started my job in November, I finally feel like I am starting to settle in quite nicely into my new job. I really think I picked good hours for me, as I am still able to do all of my school work comfortably and meet deadlines. This really was the month that I started to go into work feeling confident in my ability but also I started to build a routine around it also. Balancing school and a part-time job isn't easy and I haven't got it down to a fine art yet but I finally feel like I am getting there. Definitely compared to the state I was in at the end of November, I am so much more in control of my productivity, I am much more effective in both school and work, and I can finally plan and realise when things are getting too busy or overwhelming. 

Got my official exam timetable...
Something I wish didn't happen in January, but just part of the beauty of time, I finally know when I am sitting my ALevel exams. Although the prospect makes me want to cry and scream at the same time, it does mean that I can finally start to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am now able to work around my exams, making plans for once I have finished and it is all starting to get very exciting. Although I can't imagine the exams being very enjoyable, I am excited for no longer being in education. 
Started Further Maths ALevel ...
Again, something that was inevitable, Further Maths ALevel. It was never something I thought I would ever do because I never felt good enough but now that I am here, I pretty proud of myself for getting this far. However, I can't say that I am enjoying it very much, it is definitely challenging and testing my patience on the daily but hopefully, it becomes rewarding in the end. Over the course of January, I have definitely had a few meltdowns over the difficulty and I can't promise that they won't happen again but I guess that's what I had signed up for. It has also helped me realise where my interests really lie and has provoked me to make a couple of decisions and realisations in the month of January, so I am definitely proud of myself for getting through this month for that reason. 

We threw a surprise party...
This is something you may have seen across my social media at the time, but mid-January, my brother and I threw my mum a surprise 50th birthday party. Perhaps the most stressful thing I have ever had to do but it turned out to be a huge success and goes down as one of my favourite nights ever. It was so nice to see all of my family together, catch up with people I haven't seen in ages but to also surprise my mum who is so special to me and my brother. I definitely plan to never throw a surprise party again because it was such a challenge, but it was so rewarding and emotional all at the same time. It is definitely one of those experiences that I will never forget and it will definitely go down as one of my highlights in 2020. 

Fell back in love with dancing...
This month, through a school competition, I was able to rediscover my love for dancing again. Although physically and mentally straining at times, throughout the month of January, I was able to fall in love with dancing. I got to be creative with choreography which is something I have a huge passion for and to watch it all come together in the end was so rewarding. It definitely took up a lot of my time but it is something I am really proud to have participated in and I am so glad I did it. 
Had a crisis over my future...
Not my most positive moment of the month, but something that was definitely long over due and brewing for quite a while. I am not going to relive the specific details but I will link the blog post I wrote in relation to my crisis, but it was definitely a significant moment in January. I can't say that I have had a massive revelation since then but it has definitely allowed me to start coping with my decisions and the way I feel so for that, I am grateful that it happened. 

Handed in 60% of my Fine Art ALevel...
On the last day of January, I finally said goodbye to my year-long art project which makes up 60% of my final grade. This was such a journey and I really hope that I can share some of my work with you someday but for the time being, it is all done and ready to be marked. It was definitely one of those things that felt like a huge weight lifted once I handed it in, and it also helped me realise that ALevels are coming to an end and that there are bigger and better things to come. 

I'd love to know what you think of these little monthly summaries as I would love to do them throughout 2020!
Grace xx

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like you had a good month!

    emjbarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete