Sunday 10 March 2019

UPCYCLED NO. 2 - Crop Top

If you didn't see me last upcycling blog post (linked here), I am really trying to be more concious with with my clothing in terms of buying less and reusing or upcycling some of the clothes that I already have. I have spent a lot of today upcycling some clothes and so I wanted to start sharing them on my blog one at a time. There will definitely be a few more coming in the near future, so do let me know what you think of these posts. 
This top was made out of a full length tshirt a a pair of leggings. The first thing I did was crop the tshirt into a length that I thought would be more flattering and then I used the band of a pair of black leggings to line the bottom of the top with. Like I said in my first upcycling post, I am not an expert in sewing and so these pieces are not the best put together, but I do feel like I am slowly getting better and understanding more about construction. 
Because the tshirt I cropped was very baggy and oversized, it didn't match the circumference of the legging band perfectly and so I introduced some pleats in the top. I tried to make the pleats as symetrical and as neat-looking as possible and I think that the front of this top actually looks alright. As you can probably tell, I ddin't include any pictures of the back of this top, mainly because it turned out much messier than the front, but never the less, I still like the overall look of this top. I also tried it on and I really love how it fits.
I definitely love this style of top, how it is oversized but still has a bit of sinching in the bottom to add shape. I think that this would just look super cool with a pair of jeans and trainers, I also think that it is very perfect for the season coming. The slogan on this top is definitely very cute and a great feature to the entire piece, but I do hope to possible add some more black to this top. As much as I love the black band at the bottom, sometimes when I look at it, I think it looks a little harsh and so I might add some more black details in the future. 
Let me know what you think of this piece?
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment