Wednesday 6 November 2019

UPDATED MAKEUP ROUTINE ft. some amazing products



It's been a little while since I have sat down and written a makeup blog post. As much as I still love all things beauty and makeup, I have become pretty content with my collection and considering I don't wear makeup all that often anymore, there is little need for me to trial and test things. Saying that I still love to share the products I am currently loving and using, so since we are in the colder months, I wanted to post about what my go-to makeup look consists of.

Starting with primer, my current favourite is the HARD CANDY HYDRATING PRIMER. Although I don't wear primer every single time I do my makeup and only wear it when I need my makeup to last, I do really love this primer. I got it last time I was in the states and it was one of my best purchases from that trip. This primer is everything I could ever want. It is so hydrating and literally makes your skin look wet, so if you're oily, this won't be for you, but once it sets, it has a tacky residue, perfect for when you come to apply foundation and concealer. I love the way this makes my skin feel and the way it makes my makeup last, so if you can get your hands on it, I highly suggest you grab it. 
My choice of foundation is pretty predictable and because I am getting better at embracing my blemishes and freckles, I tend to keep it super light now. It's no surprise that my current favourite foundation is the REVOLUTION PRO FOUNDATION DROPS because it is so lightweight, medium coverage and just makes your skin look so healthy, especially with the primer underneath. 
There are two concealers I'm using at the minute, one to add extra coverage and one to highlight my undereye. The first one is a new discovery, the ELF CAMO CONCEALER, which is in a colour that matches my foundation as well as possible. This concealer is so incredible and I already want to repurchase it in a few more shades because it is beautiful. Super full coverage but blends so easily and lasts so well on the skin. This was my go-to concealer on holiday and it worked like a dream. It has definitely become a new favourite in my collection and I definitely would recommend. 
As for my concealer to highlight, it is a staple, the LA GIRL PRO CONCEAL CONCEALER. Everyone knows I love this, it's good coverage, easy to apply, great colour and looks great on the skin. This will always be a staple concealer for me as it never lets me down. 
Again, for powder it is super basic so as you can tell, this is a pretty basic look for me but it is one I have been wearing a lot. After rediscovering the NATURAL COLLECTION MATTE PRESSED POWDER earlier this year, it has become a permanent part of my makeup routine. I love it to set my under-eyes as it doesn't feel super heavy like loose powders but it sets and mattifies just like a loose powder would. The way I apply this is packed onto a small brush and press that to set me concealer and then on a fluffy face brush, I use a little bit just to set the rest of my face. 
Another Natural Collection product, a blush that I am obsessed with. Obviously, it is the NATURAL COLLECTION BLUSH IN APRICOT DREAM. Not a super autumnal shade I must say, but I love the colour nonetheless. It is peachy yet natural-looking and I love it the most because of how it looks great with every eye makeup look. Definitely be light-handed with this though, a little bit goes a long way. 
There is not one bronzer that I am head over heels in love with right now, so I am switching between a few, however, I have been going for a much more contoured look lately and so my favourite products for that are the ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS POWDER IN HAVANA and TAUPE. These powers are a beautiful formula but I mainly love them so much because of the colours. I love mixing these two and using them to contour as combined, they create such a natural colour. 
Similarly to bronzer, I am not highlighter obsessed right now so I have been venturing out a bit and have regained my love for using the KIKA WET AND DRY EYE SHADOW IN 208 as a highlighter. It is such a pretty golden shade, great for on the cheekbones and the eyes. I love this formula because it can be built up so easily and it really does just create a natural metallic finish, not glittery or super intense, just nice. 

My eyebrow routine remains the same, and it is just the COLLECTION CLEAR BROW GEL applied first and then the MUA MATTE ESSENTIALS EYE SHADOW PALETTE to add shape and fullness. I love this routine for my eyebrows, it is the best combination I have found all year. It creates a soft natural brow that is dictated by how much powder you apply, for something bolder and stronger in colour, apply more power. It is super easy to use and I just think it suits my makeup style the best right now. 
As for eyeshadow, with it being autumn and winter, I am just way more drawn toward pink and berry tones so my palette of choice is the DOSE OF COLOUR BLUSHING BERRIES EYE SHADOW PALETTE. This is such a cute palette and I love it because all of the shades are matte and although it doesn't initially seem like you could create a tone of looks, the reality is that you definitely could. The berry tones for winter are just so beautiful to work with, you can do something really smokey or something light and fresh, they are such fun shades to use, especially as they add a little bit of colour. The formula of these are flawless and with them being mattes, you can do so much with them. I have even been known to wear some of the shades as blush, which make such a cool look if you also use that palette on the eyes. 
Eyeliner is also a new favourite of mine, I just think that it opens up my eyes more and draws more attention to them, which I like after all the effort I put into my eye shadow. The best pencil liner I have ever come across is the LOTTIE LONDON AM TO PM EYELINER. Although I am still yet to own this in a brown, which is high up on my wishlist, the formula is completely unbeatable in my eyes. It applies on the eye so seamlessly, with ease, and it lasts all day without fail on me. I love just using the on the outer corner of the upper lashline and I just think that it adds so much definition and completes an eye look. 
Mascara is nothing new, you all probably hate how much I love this mascara by now but it is just so good and everyone needs to try this. All I need to say is that it is the COLLECTION VOLUMAX MASCARA IN WATERPROOF and it is incredible. 
I am not always a lip liner user, but recently, I have been reaching for the MARC JACOBS LIP LINER IN CREAM AND SUGAR which is a perfect base for any nude lip. Although super luxury and very expensive, this lip liner is super nice, not something I'd buy full price but it does the job and is a beautiful colour. 
Lipstick always changes for me on the daily, but to go with the pink tones that I would normally wear on the eye, I find that the TOO FACED MELTED MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK IN CHILD STAR is the perfect nude to suit it. It is a pinky nude, suitable for everyone and is so versatile for autumn and winter. 
Also in the colder months, gloss is a huge thing for me. Not that there is a sensible reason for this but I just love gloss a lot more when it is colder outside. Gloss for me though has got to be perfect. It needs to look hydrating while also being comfortable to wear. A solid favourite for me is the ARTDECO HYDRO LIP BOOSTER which is all of those things and the colours they come in are to die for. The one in the pictures is the shade 38 which matches the liquid lip so perfectly. 

I'd love to know what you think of this makeup look and whether you are itching to try any of the products I have mentioned. 
Grace xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the Too Faced lipstick!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete