Friday 22 February 2019

SO..I CUT MY HAIR


There isn’t really a reason as to why I making this post but I guess I just want to share just how good change can be. Little things like changing your appearance can have a massive impact and although it could be either love or regret, taking the risk in the first place is an achievement in itself.

For a lot of my life, I wanted longer hair but as of recently, I really just was sick of my hair. I didn’t necessarily want it longer, I just hated what it was like. I’ve always had a love hate relationship with my hair, it never really does what I want and sometimes I like what it ends up doing and other times I hate what it ends up doing. 
I just really craved changed and the new year was approaching. I had previously tried colouring my hair back in December and it didn’t work so another option was to change the style of my hair. So I took the plunge and said I wanted shorter hair. By the time I booked my appointment to get my hair cut short, I was still debating whether this was what I wanted. I didn’t want to do it just because my mum wanted me to or because everyone else was getting their hair cut short, I wanted to do it for me. 
Now, I have my hair done, I love it most of the time. Although I am still adjusting to it and sometimes I look at it and think ‘oops shouldn’t have done that’, I am so glad that I bit the bullet and did something I’ve wanted to do for a while. I did it for me and I think that really shows because although I love it, I’m learning from it also. 
I guess this is just a very long way of saying I got my hair cut. I know it isn’t a big deal to some, but this represents a lot to me. I now feel new and inspired, I feel motivated and it’s given me a boost of confidence I haven’t had in a while. 
If you want to change your appearance, do it, but do it for yourself. Whether it’s cutting your hair, like me, or getting a new piercing or discovering a new style of clothing, go for it. This has reminded me of just how important it is to just do it and do it for yourself. 
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. It really suits you, I love it! I also made the decision to cut my hair short recently and it's one of the best changes I've made x

    - Charlotte / myownblogofthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly the best decision I have ever made!xx

      Delete
  2. It looks so good! Bet it is so much easier to care for now too!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete