Thursday 28 February 2019

WHY I REMOVED MY INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS?

I don't know about you but nowadays I feel like it can be so easy to get obsessive when it comes to the numbers. For a while now, I have been having this love-hate relationship with my Instagram and on multiple occassions I have came close to pressing the delete button. I felt like I wasn't enjoying my content and neither was anyone else. 

I have had a blog Instagram now for nearly four years and although I have changed my username and deleted my old pictures (wayyy too cringey to keep), it has always been on the account I still have now. Obviously, people come on Instgram, they might start up a beauty account like I did but maybe they grow out of it or maybe people follow you and lose interest, it's not your fault but they're still following you. 
For a while, I had felt ike my account was lacking interaction and activity, I would look at my number of followers and compare it to the number of likes I had on my most recent picture and they didn't match up. Obviously, that's not why I use Instagram, I use it because I love to share content online but it started to make me feel disheartened and almost embarrassed. I felt like I should have had stronger activity for the number of followers I had and although a lot of other factors conribute to this (*cough cough* the Instagram algorithm), I wanted to get rid of some of the inactive accounts that follow me. 
So that's exactly what I did. 
I'm not sure how new it is, but I quickly discovered that you can now remove people from following your Instagram without having to take the extreme option of blocking them. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for me, I could get rid of people following me who I felt as though never interacted with my content. 
About half an hour after starting, I was done and I was down by about 1500 followers but that didn't bother me because I was now reassured with the fact that the people now following me, like and interacted with my content. 

I know feel like I have a fresh start, like I am back to square one, but in the best way possible. People are going to come and go on social media and so I think that going through my followers was a good idea and it offered me the chance to focus on myself and my content more. I don't plan on going off of Instagram or deleting my current one anymore, I want to rebuild my following by making people feel inspired.

Also, sorry if you followed my account and I removed you, it's still @gracexkatex if you still fancy giving me a follow!

Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean. I think most of my followers are ghost followers, so I think I should have a clear out too xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has honestly given me a huge motivation to start fresh, would highly recommend it!xx

      Delete